St. Mary's High School Alumni Association (SMHSAA) is selling $5 raffle tickets in their Queen of Hearts Raffle starting on Monday, May 7, 2019. Ticket sales will stop and this raffle will conclude when the "Queen of Hearts" playing card or a "Joker" playing card is selected by the raffle winner. Tickets are available for purchase until 15 minutes prior to the Raffle Drawing as outlined below. You must be at least 18 years of age to play.
1. All raffle tickets are $5.00 per ticket.
-For every 5 tickets purchased during a single transaction ($25), the ticket buyer will receive an extra 1 ticket FREE!
There is no limit on the number of tickets that may be purchased. Ticket sales, drawing locations, and times will be posted online at: https://www.goraisedough.com/tickets.html/248
2. There can only be one name per ticket. Each ticket must include the following:
=>Legal first and Last Name---[NO nicknames, aliases, or abbreviations]
=>Contact phone number including area code
=>Card slot choice for each ticket purchased, unless you select that you want the computer to pick the card slots for your purchased tickets
=>Any free tickets awarded from sale incentives or buyer incentives their card slot choice will be randomized based off of the available card slots left on the board.
3. Once a Minimum Jackpot of $2,500 has been reached by 12 noon on a Monday, the first drawing will take place at St. Mary's High School's Cafeteria at 7:30pm, unless otherwise posted
. After the first drawing is held, a drawing will be held every Monday at 7:30pm at St. Mary's High School's Cafeteria, unless notice is provided of a different date/time and/or location. Four tickets will be drawn from the tickets purchased that week. Only the first ticket pulled will have the chance to select a card slot on the Queen of Hearts board. All other tickets pulled will receive a prize payout as outlined below and will NOT have an opportunity to reveal a card on the Queen of Hearts Board.
Tickets will be bought online and given a serial number with a "board card slot designation" (can be chosen or randomized) when purchased. Any ticket earned through incentives (buyer or seller) will automatically be randomly assigned an available card slot. There will be no duplicate winners during a Drawing.
The board will be represented by an electronic graphic that displays all cards with corresponding card slot numbers. Only those cards chosen week in and out will be revealed. Each week the cards that are left (unrevealed) are shuffled and reassigned card slot numbers so there is no way to hack the system and see what card slot has the Queen of Hearts. Since the weekly shuffle and electronic randomization happens after tickets sales close for that weeks' drawing, it insures that it is impossible to have prior knowledge and thus cheating the system. Another fail-safe is that card slot numbers are chosen or assigned at the point of sale which further negates this ever happening.
Prize Distribution Schedule
Ticket #1---Queen of Hearts Jackpot
---90% of the Total [less previous paid prizes] if Present. Remainder 10% to SMHSAA
---60% of the Total [less previous paid prizes] if Not Present. Remainder 40% to SMHSAA
The First ticket electronically drawn will get the chance to reveal the "card slot" number that they have chosen on the board. If the Queen of Hearts is revealed that person will win 90% of the total Jackpot if present at that weeks' drawing location, 60% of the total Jackpot if not present. If a Joker playing card is revealed that person will win 10% of the total Jackpot. If the Queen of Hearts or a Joker playing card is revealed, no additional tickets will be drawn for that evening.
Players DO NOT NEED to be present at that weeks' drawing location to win prizes A through E. (The First ticket drawn other than the Queen of Hearts.)
(A) Joker revealed = 10% of Total Jackpot
(B) Any other Queen = $100.00
(C) Any Ace = $75.00
(D) Any other face card = $50.00
(E) Any other numeral valued card (2-10 of any suite) = $25.00
If the 1st ticket drawn does not reveal the Queen of Hearts or a Joker playing card then a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, ticket will be drawn and awarded the following prizes...
Ticket #2--- The second ticket drawn will receive $100.00
Ticket #3--- The third ticket drawn will receive $75.00
Ticket #4--- The fourth ticket drawn will receive $50.00
Players DO NEED to be present at that weeks' drawing location to win Tickets #2, #3, and #4.
The total prize pool will continue to accumulate weekly (progressive) and will roll over each week until the Queen of Hearts or a Joker playing card is selected. The prize pool amount based on ticket sales, will be updated daily and prominently displayed online at https://www.goraisedough.com/tickets.html/248.
There are 54 "card slots" with a unique playing card [52 playing cards plus 2 jokers] randomly associated to each "card slot". When a winning ticket holder's "card slot" is selected during the drawing, the playing card in their selected "card slot" is revealed, and that "card slot" and revealed playing card becomes extinct during the remainder of this raffle.
For every ticket purchased the ticket purchaser will be allowed to pick a "card slot," or let the computer randomly pick a "card slot."
The ticket purchaser holding the winning ticket will have their "card slot" revealed electronically on the Ticket Purchase webpage during the drawing on Monday nights, and shared via an email to all ticket purchasers within 48 hours of the drawing. The raffle winners will be contacted by St. Mary's High School Alumni Association within 15 days of their drawing to collect their winnings.
Once a card has been selected, that card will be permanently removed from play and shown face up on the electronic board. Each week after the drawing, all tickets purchased will be deleted from the raffle. Tickets purchased for a specific week, will only be valid for that week's drawing. All tickets will be tracked and verified each week.
Queen of Hearts JackPot Amount
The Queen of Hearts Jackpot Amount is 80% of the total revenue generated since the beginning of the raffle, less all moneys won by previous ticket holders.
Tax and Reporting Matters
If a prize greater than $599 is awarded, the winner must confirm his/her identity and SSN number by completing and signing such documents as may be required under state and/or federal law and IRS Form W-2G. Furthermore, the winner may be subject to federal and/or state withholding. Winnings will not be distributed until all documents required by law or regulation have been completed and signed. This may take up to two weeks or more. If a player is unwilling or unable to complete, sign or provide any of the required documents, the prize money will revert to the St. Mary's High School Alumni Association. The treasure will issue a check to the winner once a W-2G is fully completed. Checks will not be mailed and must be picked up in person during Alumni office hours unless other arrangements have been made.
A winner may not donate the prize without first taking ownership of the prize, which means the appropriate and required state and federal documents must be completed, signed and issued, and any appropriate withholding taken. If the winner wishes to donate the prize once he/she has taken ownership of the prize, he/she may do so.
General Terms and Conditions
1.If you do not agree with the rules of this game, there is no obligation to play. By entering this raffle, all contestants agree to be bound by these rules. St. Mary's High School Alumni Association shall be solely responsible for interpreting and applying these rules, and its interpretation and application shall be final and binding.
2. Only individuals 18 years or older at the time of purchase may enter the raffle, and any purchase by individuals under 18 shall be invalid and not eligible for any winnings.
3. St. Mary's High School Alumni Association reserves the right to amend these rules as needed with reasonable notice posted on the St. Mary's High School Alumni Association Raffle website.
4. St. Mary's High School Alumni Association reserves the right to cancel this raffle at any time for any reason by posting reasonable notice, which shall provide that, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these rules, multiple drawings of raffle tickets for the same jackpot amount may take place during one week's drawing night until a winning ticket, indicating a playing card number corresponding to the Queen of Hearts, is ultimately drawn.
Disclaimer, Release and Limitation of Remedy
St. Mary's High School Alumni Association, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, TRUSTEES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, VOLUNTEERS, AND ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WORKING WITH ANY OF THEM IN CONNECTION WITH THE RAFFLE, ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST, LATE, MISDIRECTED, MUTILATED, INCOMPLETE, ILLEGIBLE ENTRIES OR FAILURE TO RECEIVE ENTRIES.
BY ENTERING THIS RAFFLE: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT FOR HIMSELF OR HERSELF, AND HIS OR HER HEIRS, ADMINISTRATORS, EXECUTORS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND ASSIGNS, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS St. Mary's High School Alumni Association, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, TRUSTEES, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS AND ANY AND ALL PERSONS AND ENTITIES WORKING IN CONJUNCTION WITH St. Mary's High School Alumni Association IN CONNECTION WITH THE RAFFLE (RELEASED ENTITIES), FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (EXCEPT CLAIMS FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE AND INTENTIONAL TORTS), WHETHER ARISING IN TORT OR CONTRACT, IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, FOR ANY AND ALL INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE, CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE RAFFLE. EACH ENTRANT ALSO AGREES THAT THE RELEASED ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO THE RAFFLE. EACH ENTRANT FURTHER AGREES THAT (I) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE RAFFLE SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (II) ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE RAFFLE, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEY'S FEES; (III) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANTS BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN DAMAGES FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES. EACH ENTRANT'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THIS RAFFLE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR HIS OR HER TICKETS IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEEKLY DRAWING AT ISSUE.
The fine print
- All information gathered as a result of this Raffle will not be provided to any 3rd party, except as required by law.
- The Raffle is open only to legal residents of the United States and winner(s) must be 18 years or older at the time of entry.
- All prizes are subject to, and the winners are fully responsible for federal, state and local income taxes. "www.GoRaiseDough.com", LADS Network Solutions, Inc., nor the non-profit organization you purchased the raffle ticket from has NO responsibility for the payment of any taxes associated with the prize (except for the responsibility to comply with the withholding regulations and requirements of the taxing authorities involved).
- The prizes will be awarded on the dates above. Prizes are transferable.
- Employees of "www.GoRaiseDough.com", LADS Network Solutions, Inc., and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. Media sponsors, their employees and their immediate families are not eligible to win any prize.
- "www.GoRaiseDough.com", LADS Network Solutions, Inc., and the non-profit running the raffle maintain NO control of the personnel, equipment or operations of any supplier and assumes no responsibility for any financial loss, personal injury, property damage, other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity which winners may experience by reason of (1) performance/nonperformance by any supplier; (2) wrongful, careless, negligent, or unauthorized acts or omissions on the part of any supplier or its employees, or on the part of any other party not under the control of go raise dough or the non-profit organization; (3) any defect, breakdown or other failure of any aircraft, train, automobile, ship, accommodation, or other equipment or instrumentality owned, operated, or otherwise used by a supplier or;(4) any acts of god, acts or omissions of third parties, damage or loss associated with any terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures, disease, local laws, climactic conditions, or other conditions or developments.
- "Www.GoRaiseDough.com", LADS Network Solutions, Inc., and/or the non-profit organization shall in NO event be liable for special or consequential damages arising from the use or ownership of any prizes. Participants hereby release the non-profit organization, "www.goraisedough.com", and LADS Network Solutions, Inc., from all claims.
- All sales of Raffle tickets are final. There will be NO refunds.
- Winners have 15 calendar days from drawing to claim their prize. In the event a winner is non-compliant with requirement, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- To claim a prize, the winner may be asked to provide a ticket stub or printed verification (from online purchase) and/or a valid driver's license or state issued picture ID that matches name on selected ticket stub or printed verification.
- Group Entries - Any number of individuals can join into a group to purchase ticket(s). Participants in a group entry must identify "one person" as the individual to whom a prize would be awarded and that person's name must be listed as the entrant in the "Buyer's Name" field on the ticket purchase form. It is the SOLE responsibility of the participants in the group entry to allocate any winning prize(s).
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of tickets sold.
- The IRS states that the amount paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions.
- IRS Form 1099 will be issued to winners and must be claimed on the winner's income tax statement.
- The winner will allow LADS Network Solutions, Inc. and the non-profit running the raffle the right to use their name and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. The winner may be required to complete a statement of eligibility, release of liability and publicity release. Failure to do so will render winner ineligible to receive prize.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Copyright © 2010, 2016 Go Raise Dough, a division of LADS Network Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.